|What is Covid-19?|
|What are the symptoms?|
|Basic protective measures against Covid-19|
|Break The Chain of Transmission|
What is a Covid-19?Covid-19 is the on-going pandemic that is caused by virus strain SARS-CoV-2. This respiratory disease was first identified in Wuhan, China in December 2019. Since then, it has spread to almost every continent in the world with more than 2 million confirmed cases and more than 130,000 deaths, as of 16 April 2020.
The virus primarily spreads between people during close contact via small droplets produced by coughing, sneezing or talking. Such droplets can also fall onto objects and surfaces and remain there for up to 72 hours. People can be infecting by touching contaminated surfaces.
Covid-19 is no ordinary flu. It is more deadly with mortality rate of 3-4%, much higher than the mortality rate of seasonal flu of < 0.1%. Thus, breaking the chain of infection is key in controlling the outbreak.
What are the symptoms?Patients with confirmed Covid-19 infections will have mild to severe respiratory illnesses with symptoms including:
- Shortness of breath
Basic protective measures against Covid-19These are measure that can be taken to reduce exposure to Covid-19. As of 24 April 2020, there is no drug or vaccine that is clinically proven to be viable treatment for Covid19.
- Wash your hands frequently
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth
- Cover nose and mouth when coughing of sneezing
- Maintain social distancing
- Seek medical care early when observe onset of symptoms
Break The Chain of TransmissionAeras Medical is stepping up to help the community be part of the global action in breaking the chain of infection with our solutions. Hands and virus-contaminated droplets are main pathways of germ transmission. Our solutions thus focuses on the keeping the hands clean and reducing spread of droplets and aerosol contaminated with virus, bacteria and germs.
- Mask & Respirator
- Hand Sanitizer
- Covid-19 Test Kits
- Safeticet Safety Lancets
LCX Labs Hand Sanitizer
HAND RUB TECHNIQUE & EDUCATION
7-Steps Hand Rub Technique
** Ensure hands are not soiled. Hand Sanitizers are not to be used on soiled hands or after using toilet. Take a thumbnail size drop of hand sanitizer onto your palm. Rub your hands according to 7-step technique for 20s and until hands are dry.
1. Rub palms together.
2. Rub back of each hand with palm of other hand with fingers interlaced.
3. Rub palm to palm with fingers interlaced.
4. Rub with back of fingers to opposing palms with fingers interlocked.
5. Rub each thumb clasped in opposite hand using rotational movement.
6. Rub tips of fingers in opposite palm in a circular motion.
7. Rub each wrist with opposite hand